Monday, August 2, 2010

Group Presentation Reflection

Group Presentation Reflection

For our group presentation on Marxism, my group and I created a presentation that incorporated a text into an analysis on Marxism. For my contribution, I suggested that our group pick Charlie Chaplin’s film Modern Times as a relevant text that showcases the themes and notions behind Marxist ideologies. Upon consensus, our group met up and found video clips of the film on YouTube and began brainstorming several questions we can ask that are pertinent to Marxist thought. All three of us in the group contributed equally in picking questions that we could ask the class.
Before deciding on our final presentation format, which is to show video clips and then pause and ask questions to create a discussion, our group brainstormed several presentation ideas before deciding on the final format. I suggested that we do some type of group exercise, in which the class is split into the “bourgeoisie” and “working class” and have a debate over what their interpretation is of the film. However, after realizing we are on a time limit, we decided this would not be the best format for the presentation and would limit ideas and an open discussion.
Overall, the contributions to this presentation were fairly evenly divided. We did most of the work during a group meeting we had out of class in which everyone in the group suggested ideas for the presentation. Additionally, before our presentation, we will have one last 15 minute meeting to finalize and plan out our presentation.

1 comment:

  1. I came to this blog and it helped me to add few new points to my knowledge. Actually, I am trying to learn new thing wherever I find. Impressive written blog and valuable information shared here. presentation ideas

    ReplyDelete